More and more people are considering purchasing glasses online. We understand the appeal and interest in shopping online but we want to help you understand why having the assistance of a trained optician is a very important part of getting the most from your glasses.
Here are the facts:
- You will not be able to use your insurance benefit.
- No matter how accurate your prescription is, if proper measurements are not taken with your selected glasses your vision may not be clear.
- The strength of your prescription, age, lifestyle, frame selection and budget need to be taken into consideration when selecting the lens material and coating(s) that are most appropriate for you. It is important to keep in mind that the prescription strength and weight of your lenses will affect how your glasses look and whether or not they will sit comfortably on your face.
- We carry frames that we believe in. The manufacturers of the frames that we carry use high quality plastics, metals and hinges that are durable and covered under warranty.
Our opticians are familiar with working with insurance companies and ensuring that you get the best use of your benefit. They take accurate measurements so that you get the best possible optics with your lenses and they consider all factors when suggesting the lens that they feel is best suited for you, your lifestyle and your budget.
Our office uses two different labs to offer you all of the latest technology in lenses including:
- Basic Plastic/Glass/Polycarbonate/Mid-Index/High-Index Lenses
- Free Form (Digital) Lenses in Single Vision, Bifocals, Trifocals or Progressives
- Computer Lenses
- Super HiVision EX3 Anti-Reflective Coating
- UV Protection
- Photochromic Technology
- And many other options. You literally have hundreds of different possibilities when choosing lenses in our office!